Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers, restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in order to deliver on their commitments.
What You'll Do
The Automation Architect II will lead the organization in developing, maintaining and governing the Automation processes and Automation Interface Architecture across the entire organization. This individual will work in promoting the automation design principles and standards. This individual assists the business modelers and developers with the solutioning, design and development of automation processes, data and interfaces. This individual provides leadership and guidance to the development teams on architectural practices and policies. He or she will partner and collaborate with operations teams in coming up with agile and sustainable processes for the deployment and management of automated solutions across non-production and production environments.
- Design solutions related to warehouse conveyor/execution systems and warehouse management systems. Interface with EDI, Web, and Data Warehouse applications.
- Lead the creation and evolution of the automation architecture.
- Lead and facilitate the creation and implementation of automation governance practices and other automation tools
What Experience You Need
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 3+ years of experience with implementing, configuring and maintaining enterprise software applications functionality such as WES/WCS, WMS, Distribution, Transportation, and Labor Management. JDA WMS and WLM are highly preferred.
What Could Set You Apart
- Familiarity with XML and other integration platforms and experience and/or knowledge of FMEA, ITIL, COBIT, ISO, and Project Management Methodologies
- Experience in JDA platforms/languages, MOCA, Java, etc. is a benefit
- Experience in PLC technologies like Rockwell, Siemens, etc. is a benefit
- Relevant programming experience preferred
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me? We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers feed the world.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.