8116 - Midtown Office - 2220 W. Broad Street, Richmond, Virginia, 23220
CarMax, the way your career should be! Are you an innovator that wants to learn Product Management at CarMax?
As an Associate Product Manager, you will learn from our existing Product Teams and gain hands on experience driving product discovery and delivery activities. In addition to mentorship, guidance and developmental focus from Senior Product Managers and Product Directors, Associate Product Managers will complete CarMax PREP (Product Education Program) - a tailored learning agenda designed to provide you the skillset necessary to be successful in a Product Manager role after completion. Your work will put customer needs at the heart of our process, and make the car buying and selling experience better. Thinking cross functionally, you'll work with your design, engineering, and data science partners to create products that allow customers to buy the vehicle they want in a way that's right for them. Innovation is at the heart of CarMax's strategy, and in this role, you are too.About CarMax PREP
What you will do - Essential responsibilities
- Associate Product Managers participate in the CarMax Product Education Program (PREP) to ensure they have the functional expertise to be successful as a Product Manager
- PREP focuses on building and demonstrating relevant skills, such as customer discovery, stakeholder management, and product analytics.
- PREP participants will have the opportunity to shadow existing Product Teams to see first-hand how successful teams operate
- Discovers and develops products and services that transform the car shopping, buying, and owning experience for our customers and drives business value
- Lead ongoing, immersive customer discovery to understand behaviors, motivations, problems, and opportunities across the customer journey
- Develop hypotheses and rapidly iterate on prototypes to validate the right solutions
Improve customer experience with every interaction
- Assess the feasibility of solutions, prioritize opportunities, and work with a cross-functional, technically oriented team to develop and scale unique solutions to complex problems
- Set direction and goals based on quantitative data, qualitative insights, and strong business acumen, in collaboration with business leaders and stakeholders
- Stay on top of industry trends and best practices to continuously improve what we do and ensure a great customer experience
Drawing on data, you'll bring new insights to the development of products that offer a well-rounded customer experience. Your forward-thinking and strategic approach will be matched by an urge to drive rapid product delivery and make a real impact on the business. To do this, you must be able to inspire and lead others, partnering cross-functionally to scale the experiences we build in-store or online.Desired Traits
- Passionate about leveraging technology to power the customer experience
- Able to motivate and inspire team members, peers and stakeholders
- Analytical; loves to solve problems
- Innovative; thinks beyond boundaries, curious
- Flexible and open-minded; proactively seeks input from others
- Exceptional organization and results focus, self-directed leader
- Entrepreneurial drive and spirit; enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field, or 1-2 years of experience working in Product or related field, including adjacent business areas within CarMax
- 1-2 years of experience in Product or relevant field
- Master's degree
- Demonstrated ability to work with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a highly collaborative environment
Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that position may not be performed remotely from Hawaii or Colorado About CarMax
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent, and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
CarMax is committed to bringing together people from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe, welcoming, and inclusive work environment.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristics protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.