Reimagine the infrastructure of cancer care within a community that values integrity, inspires growth, and is uniquely positioned to create a more modern, connected oncology ecosystem. We’re looking for a Principal to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Are you ready to be the next changemaker in cancer care?
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with Life Sciences Partnerships to support our biopharma partners in advancing their research priorities using Flatiron’s real world evidence solutions and services. This role is located in New York City.. Our technology-first approach has allowed us to build RWE data sets with higher quality, accuracy, recency, and scale than any other cancer data that is available. We have active partnerships with top-tier academic medical centers, the top 15 oncology biopharma companies, the FDA, and most recently the NCI, all focused on using data to accelerate the research and treatment of cancer. In this role, you will:
- Lead strategic engagement to develop long term, enterprise-wide partnerships with our biopharma partners
- Develop and own annual account plans; delivering growth against respective sales targets
- Become a subject matter expert on Flatiron’s offerings and reliably represent our capabilities to advance the oncology research priorities of our biopharma research collaborators
- Ensure effective day-to-day engagement with our biopharma research collaborators (e.g., real-world data science, HEOR, epidemiology, medical affairs), including on-site representation at client meetings (anticipated travel: <20%)
- Serve as the primary point of contact for biopharma research collaborators, interfacing to align Flatiron's offerings with client needs and selling new products and services to meet those needs
- Lead development of new business proposals -- directly contributing to Flatiron revenues across the Research business
- Collaborate with Flatiron’s cross-functional research team to ensure Flatiron delivers high quality work to our biopharma partners that exceeds client expectations
- Be the voice of the customer and collaborate across internal functional groups (product, research oncology, quantitative science, engineering, business development, legal and finance team members) to identify opportunities to enhance existing products, identify new potential product offerings and influence go-to-market strategy
- Identify client-driven opportunities to enhance existing products, and identify potential new product offerings
- Closely partner with the broader Life Sciences Partnerships team to execute against Flatiron’s sales strategy to drive explosive growth for the Flatiron Research business
- Contribute to strategic initiatives, such as identifying and pursuing new growth opportunities for Flatiron and championing new processes to optimize Flatiron Research
Who You Are
You're a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who values the opportunity to think beyond the way things are. In addition, you’re an individual with a deep understanding of the healthcare industry, an analytical approach to problem solving, and client management and organizational skills. You are highly motivated by being part of a cross-functional team focused on transformational change in the area of cancer research. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day.
- You have a B.A. or B.S. (preferred discipline in biological sciences, engineering, biostatistics, health economics, or similar)
- You have 6+ years of experience in client-facing roles of increasing responsibility, delivering products, services, or analyses to biopharma companies, in organizations such as: life sciences-oriented consulting firms, healthcare focused analytics and/or outcomes research firms, healthcare technology companies
- You have had experience pitching client solutions, including developing RFP responses and participating in RFP presentations
- You have oncology experience
- You have a track record of success in developing long term business relationships with biopharma companies in a strategic and abstract space and experience owning high-profile client relationships
- You are interested in engaging directly with biopharma partners to help advance their research and business related strategies
- You can apply your healthcare background (preferably a focus on oncology) to support end-to-end client engagement process, including capabilities presentations, project scoping, and customer support
- You are flexible, have a start-up mindset, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- You have the ability to juggle multiple client interactions and deadlines simultaneously
- You have the agility to work across and develop relationships with diverse, cross-functional teams
- You are a people manager with 1+ years of experience managing account / client teams
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You have direct experience collaborating with teams focused on real-world data science, epidemiology, health economics and outcomes research, or medical affairs
- You have experience with development plans and commercial strategies that leverage real-world clinical data
- You have an MBA, MS, PhD, MPH a strong plus
Where you’ll work
In this hybrid role, you’ll have a defined work location that includes work from home and 2-3 office days set by you and your team with the option of being Flex or Office. For more information on our approach to hybrid work as well as our work type options, please visit the how we work website.
Life at Flatiron
At Flatiron Health, we offer a full range of benefits to support you and your loved ones so you can focus your working hours on improving cancer care and accelerating cancer research, and your non-working hours on everything else life has to offer:
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive compensation package
- 401(k) contribution to help you reach your retirement planning goals
- Financial health resources including 1:1 financial advice
- Mental well-being tools and services
- Parental benefits and policies including family-building care and generous leave
- Path to parenthood programs supporting fertility, adoption and surrogacy
- Travel support for safe healthcare services
- Lifestyle spending account for perks that make sense for you and your family
In addition to our robust benefit offerings, visit our Life at Flatiron page to learn how we support continuous learning through professional development programs and celebrate Diversity in the workplace.
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.