Responsible for installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing complex imaging devices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs corrective and preventive maintenance on customer owned equipment within an assigned territory.
- Responsible for the installation, de-installation, and relocation, including packing, unpacking and inspection of new products in an assigned area.
- Performs administrative duties associated with the job including the timely completion and submission of expense reports, parts requisitions, installation reports, service reports, customer complaint reports and other reporting duties from time to time as assigned.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining complex clinical systems.
- Responsible for maintenance of assigned tools, test equipment, instrumentation, calibration records and assigned technical spares.
- Performs on-call standby duty and travel as required. Must be prepared to work unscheduled and odd hours on occasion and on short notice.
- Will provide technical guidance and assistance to customers as required.
- Performs final calibration, compliance testing and applications training as required for customer acceptance.
- Will adhere to and ensure compliance with safety policies and good manufacturing practices.
- Must inspire total customer confidence in abilities to resolve technical problems.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an electro-mechanical field
- Previous biomedical, x-ray fundamentals, electronics, or computer technology training required
- Must possess the ability to grasp new product technology with a minimum in formal training and the use of technical publications and maintenance procedures.
- Must have demonstrated a high aptitude to thoroughly understand complex systems
- Previous experience in servicing complex electronic and electromechanical systems in the medical field
- Capable of operating all test equipment and instrumentation related to the job, (oscilloscope, diagnostic testers, RF measurement equipment, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; comfortable presenting to senior management
- Proficient analytical, problem solving, decision-making skills
- Able and willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
Education and Experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to rent a car for service travel purposes.
- Must have good communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be capable of working without supervision.
- Must be able to do heavy lifting (50 lbs or more)
- Must be willing to travel extensively.
For roles based in the United States that require access to hospital facilities, must be eligible for and maintain credentials at all required hospitals, including meeting any applicable physical requirements or vaccination requirements (including the COVID-19 vaccine, as applicable).
ATEC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to its employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state or local laws. Further, ATEC will make reasonable accommodations that are necessary to comply with disability discrimination laws.
Alphatec Spine, Inc. complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $85,000 to $100,000 Full-Time Annual Salary