Job Description Summary
The Associate Director, Revenue Accountant is responsible for month, quarter and year-end accounting as it relates to the US commercial activity (Gross to Net Accounting). A primary responsibility in the first 3 months will be to implement the gross-to-net management and realization processes in advance of product launch, working with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders. This position will provide clear and effective reporting of financial results while constantly looking for areas of business optimization and process improvement. Additionally, this role will be the primary point person on the finance and accounting team for government price reporting as well as claims processing with our third party vendor. Your Responsibilities
What is Required
- Posting gross to net monthly, quarterly and annual journal entries for financial reporting close
- Managing the quarterly cross functional meetings to update assumptions used in the gross to net accrual model
- Analyze trends post launch to determine reasonableness of estimates used
- Primary point person for external auditors as it relates to revenue recognition and gross to net accrual model
- Building out and managing the Sarbanes-Oxley controls and documentation requirements for the revenue process for the Company's first launched product
- Primary finance point person for Government Price Reporting and Claims processing with our third-party vendor
- Cross functional team member with Commercial for what if scenarios and assumption updates
- Provide support for ad hoc projects
About Mirati Therapeutics
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in accounting or finance-related field
- 5-8 years of combined public and private accounting experience required
- Prior experience in Pharmaceutical industry with Gross-To-net accounting a must
- Public Accounting experience a plus
- Thorough understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), including as it relates to Revenue Recognition (ASC606) and Gross-To-Net accounting
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite Software and relevant systems technology
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good team spirit, and ability to collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions
- Principled, flexible, and resourceful with a positive customer service mentality
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, problem-solving and financial skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, in a busy and dynamic environment with a willingness to accept challenges
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
For more information about Mirati Therapeutics, visit us at Mirati.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn . Why Join?
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision - to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer . Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Notice to Third Party Agencies
: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.