Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
The Associate Director, Human Resources, oversees work focused on HR consulting to the business, manages projects and processes, and has responsibility for larger customer accounts within the organization with minimal supervision. This position consults with senior business leaders to solve significant people and cultural issues, oversees the talent aspects of organizational structure changes and communicates the business value of HR initiatives. This position is considered a subject matter expert in the Human Resources field-we'll look to the selected candidate to champion our values and ensure an engaged workforce, loyal customers and efficient operations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Focus on achieving people development goals through the development and delivery of HR strategies
- Serve as an HR solutions partner to business and functional leaders by delivering consistent advice and coaching to support and enable local business strategy
- Liaise with functional or operational managers to implement local Human Resources programs appropriate for their business needs and consistent with the organization's overall HR strategy
- Partner with the business and talent management, staffing and recruiting colleagues on key talent initiatives (e.g., workforce planning, high-potential employee development, succession planning, etc.)
- Guide managers on employee relations and performance management issues, actively participating in and leading meetings as required
- Build cross-functional partnerships and leverage relationships to shape, influence and drive business results
- Manage timely investigations, prepare documentation and make appropriate recommendations for complex human resources issues to ensure HR management is conducted effectively
- Primary responsibility for leading the development and execution of the talent management strategy for division
- Serve as trusted advisor to the Operations management team by developing and implementing overall HR strategy that reflects the business plans and incorporates understanding of important industry and workforce trends to ensure readiness of the current and future workforce
- Participate and lead in business planning and headcount management
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement; ensure that the appropriate talent structure, engagement model, performance management and recognition systems are applied to support business objectives
- Maintain long term business relationships with customers through effective customer service and additional sales efforts
- Perform human resources functions for assigned staff including interviewing, scheduling, training, coaching and completion of performance appraisals
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 7 years of experience in a leadership/consulting/management role, with a focus on program/project management and HR
- Experience in workforce planning, communications, change management and organizational design
- Experience as an HR strategic advisor, trusted partner and change agent
- Ability to apply analytical thinking, HR consulting skills, and contracting and influencing skills to contribute to the organization's success
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and MS Project)
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Business, Communications or Psychology
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) or other HR certification or designation
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends
- Availability to travel occasionally
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills, including principles of servant leadership
- Extensive knowledge of the HR principles, procedures and best practices
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.