Labcorp is a leading global life sciences company that provides comprehensive diagnostic and drug development services to patients, physicians, and healthcare organizations. Our mission is to improve health and improve lives by delivering world-class diagnostic solutions, drug development services, and technologies to advance medicine and improve patient care.
We are seeking a Associate Director, FP&A located in Indiana or Wisconsin to support our Early Development (ED) business unit. ED at Labcorp involves a comprehensive set of preclinical testing activities that are essential for ensuring the safety and efficacy of new drug candidates before they are tested in human clinical trials.
This role is responsible for leading the financial planning and analysis function for the ED business unit. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and maintaining robust business plans through accurate budgeting and forecasting, identifying revenue and cost drivers of the business, summarizing and contextualizing financial results, and continuously seeking new ways to leverage business data to offer fresh insights and aid decision making.
This role is a strategic business partner, working closely with senior level operational leads to drive financial planning, promote goal consistency by aligning operational decisions with finance and corporate strategies, and identify and lead process improvement initiatives. The successful candidate will also be responsible for translating business strategies, initiatives, and projects into effective financial modeling.
• Lead the financial planning and analysis function for Labcorp's business unit
• Create and maintain robust business plans through accurate budgeting and forecasting
• Identify revenue and cost drivers of the business
• Summarize and contextualize financial results
• Continuously seek new ways to leverage business data to offer fresh insights and aid decision making
• Identify and lead process improvement initiatives
• Work closely with senior level operational leads to drive financial planning
• Promote goal consistency by aligning operational decisions with finance and corporate strategies
• Work with controllership/finance shared services to review and ensure the accuracy of financial reports
• Translate business strategies, initiatives, and projects into effective financial modeling
• Develop management level direct reports or a significant global process
• Act as finance representative for cross-functional projects
• Act as delegate for finance leadership
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• 10+ years of experience in FP&A or corporate finance
• Strong networking, team working and relationship management skills
• Strong business acumen; understands business implications of decisions
• Strong problem solving skills and sound judgement
• Supports and explains reasoning for decisions/recommendations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to perform advanced computer skills in Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint
• Proven ability to work independently
• Experience in a matrixed, multi-site, multinational environment strongly preferred
• Previous FP&A or corporate finance experience strongly preferred
• Experience in life sciences industry strongly preferred
• Experience with PeopleSoft, Hyperion, Essbase is strongly preferred
• CPA or MBA preferred
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .