Are you passionate about improving the quality of healthcare? Are you ready to leverage your talents to make healthcare better for everyone? Do you want the opportunity to give back to your community? Do you want to have fun at work?
the growing team at Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG) that is transforming the delivery of healthcare in the United States!Summary
The Associate Director, DSAA Analytics position is a key leader responsible for providing analytic oversight on HSAG's broad spectrum of healthcare data projects. This position will design and implement appropriate data science methodologies requiring a broad range of technical sophistication and rigor. The Associate Director, DSAA Analytics will also propose novel data science methods from other industries that could be incorporated into HSAG's healthcare analytic activities. This position will also lead multiple teams of analytic staff on several projects involving the development and implementation of research methods that provide healthcare decision and policy makers with actionable results that can be leveraged to transform healthcare delivery. The Associate Director, DSAA Analytics will lead work that involves (but not limited to) a wide array of different healthcare data types:
- case review
- medical and prescription drug claims and encounters
- electronic health record
- vital statistics
Additionally, this position manages multiple large-scale and high-profile healthcare analytic projects through various stages including implementation, day-to-day management, budgeting, forecasting, analysis, and reporting. Activities include managing multiple teams in developing work plans and timelines; leading and overseeing project tasks; leading client teleconferences and meetings; presenting on healthcare topics; supervising and/or mentoring junior staff; and providing regular progress reports to the Chief Data Officer.
Details regarding potential project assignments and key sources of data will be discussed with potential candidates during the interview process.Essential Competencies, Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a senior leader within HSAG's Data Science & Advanced Analytics division.
- Act in a liaison capacity between HSAG and outside agencies and organizations.
- Oversee communication with project partners, subcontractors, and other entities.
- Assign and oversee analytic activities within day-to-day team.
- Develop and adhere to analytic project time and task schedules, identify opportunities to improve the project process, and develop quality improvement activities accordingly.
- Lead multiple large-sized analytic tasks or projects simultaneously.
- Exhibit a high level of expertise in primary types of healthcare data and methods for approaching data assessments.
- Contribute to the analysis of a wide array of data types.
- Define appropriate research questions and develop corresponding analytic plans with specific focus on incorporating the latest data science techniques.
- Apply multiple analytic and data science techniques, including machine learning and deep learning.
- Lead and interpret analyses, develop appropriate statistical models, manipulate complex databases, and track and evaluate patterns of care and outcomes.
- Lead team and division-wide training meetings.
- Present and communicate project results to nonanalytic staff members and customers.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for clients.
- Participate in request for proposal activities.
- Represent HSAG in a professional manner at all times.
- Project deadlines may necessitate occasional extended work hours.