Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Utilize vast knowledge in business and technology to serve as a liaison between other IT professionals and operational stakeholders. Communicate and collaborate with various professionals and perform tasks contained in the software development lifecycle (SDLC). On key contractual implementations or strategic projects, lead or play a key role in the requirements gathering, needs analysis, and shaping the technical solution. Support or lead technical efforts within operational units and proactively look for efficiencies and operational effectiveness through the use of technology.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Please note telecommute will be considered for those not in close proximity to an office. Ideal candidates are in close proximity to our offices in Eden Prairie MN or Lacrosse WI.
* Evaluate business objectives and translate into a technical solution delivery model for moderate sized initiatives
* Within the requirements and technical solutioning process, work as a liaison between operational stakeholders, Project Managent, User Experience personnel, and technical professionals (Developers, Net Admins, etc…)
* Provide estimates on level of technical effort required
* Breakdown the technical effort of work and type of technical resources needed
* Participate and at times facilitate technical solution activities
* Document and communicate translation of business requirements into technical specifications
* Perform tasks within the SDLC, such as: writing user stories, document use cases, writing requirements, and conducting user acceptance testing
* Provide application demonstrations to both internal and external audiences
* Provide technical subject matter expert (SME) support of products and application services
* Mentor and train other Business Analysts on applications and processes
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* 3+ years of experience in business analysis and/or gathering business requirements
* Equivalent combination of education, experience and/or applicable military experience will be considered
* Experience working as a liaison between IT professionals and operational stakeholders
* Able to understand complex business processes that cross many functional operational units
* Understanding of complex solutions and differences between software development and software configuration
* Able to interact and effectively communicate with all levels of personnel and management
* Effectively performs assigned duties in a team-oriented environment and completes tasks in a timely manner
* Solid attention to detail with fundamental analytical and problem-solving skills
* Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic work environment with minimal supervision
* Understanding of complex database structures and relationships
* Experience with SQL data query language
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs
* United States Citizenship
* Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or other related field
* National Career Readiness Certificate
* Experience with Microsoft Visio
* Understanding of Agile principles and software development methodologie
As a requirement of UnitedHealth Group's contract with the Department of Defense, this position requires U.S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86, (the National Agency Check Legal and Credit or NACLC). Successful completion of the NACLC process is a requirement for continued employment in this role. NACLC processing will be initiated by our TRICARE Security Officer post-offer, and can take 3-6 months for a final decision communication from the Department of Defense. Candidates will be allowed to begin employment with UnitedHealth Group in this role based on an interim clearance, and final results will be communicated as they are received. Failure to obtain final NACLC approval will result in termination from this role.
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
* All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Business Systems Analyst, Business Analyst, Business Analysis, Requirements Gathering, Mednet, Database Structures, SQL, Relational Databases, Microsoft Office, Optum, UnitedHealth Group, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote