At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge whats possible for a sustainable world. Job Summary:
We are hiring a remote / work from home Applications Engineer
to join our team. In this role, you will serve as a contact for internal & external customers seeking Applications and Technical Support for the use of Rental HVAC and Power equipment in temporary systems. In addition, this position will drive Quality and Process improvement, as well as support other business functions where technical expertise is required. Responsibilities:
- Prompt and professional applications and technical support to internal and external customers on a wide variety of equipment and applications
- Demonstrate to customers a fundamental understanding of how to properly apply Rental equipment and also how to install, operate, and troubleshoot both Trane and non-Trane manufactured equipment
- Assist the Operations and Technical Support teams by troubleshooting equipment under maintenance and in helping to resolve customer issues in the field
- Improve Quality by collecting and analyzing quality data and by driving Basic Problem Solving to improve processes
- Assist in creating RFQs, verifying vendor submittals, designing, and validating new equipment purchases and modifications
- Complete assigned technical projects related to Rental fleet modifications and customer site applications that support business objectives
- Support Lean/OpEx by leading and participating in Projects, Rapid Improvement Events and by providing process and informational support to OpEx teams
- Manage the development of, and author content for, new and revised technical literature
- Provide technical training to Trane Rental Services Staff and Rental Salespersons
- Requires a four-year Bachelors Degree in Engineering required, mechanical or electrical
- Minimum 5 years experience in the HVAC industry as Technician or Engineering capacity
- Must have fundamental knowledge of HVAC concepts and principles (DX refrigeration, chilled water system design, psychrometry, load calculation, fan/pump laws, etc.)
- PC literate with Windows based applications
- Ability to read building plans, electrical schematics, engineering specifications, etc.
- Good electrical and mechanical ability
- Experience with database/business intelligence applications (MS Access, Tableau, etc.) is a plus
- AutoCAD experience a plus
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Customer focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and channel partners. Gains the trust and respect of others. Team Player, good interpersonal skills, self-directed, etc.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishes tasks within expected timeframes while ensuring complete accuracy and quality with strong attention to detail.
- Organization: Maintaining an organized workflow and workspace to ensure quick and accurate data retrieval for timely responses to requests. Ability to maintain organization in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message. Practices attentive and active listening.
- Must be able to work independently and make decisions on projects.
Base Pay Range (for Colorado Residents): $57,000 - $110,000
Disclaimer: This "range" could be a result of seniority, merit, geographic location where the work is performed, education, experience, travel requirements for the job, or because of a system the employer uses to measure earnings by quantity or quality of production (so, for example, positions that may not have traditional salary ranges).
*Benefits vary by region, business alignment, union involvement and employee status.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging whats possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.