At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
The Software Security team is responsible for ensuring the delivery of secure software to our Financial Advisors and Home office associates. Our key systems include static application security testing, software composition analysis, container security, web access management, etc. We are responsible for supporting and enhancing our existing systems and developing technology solutions that support and enhance the technology division in alignment with firm's vision. What you'll do:
- Actively pursues pure research across multiple layers and or disciplines; assists in the deployment of new technologies not previously in use at Edward Jones.
- Must also be considered a subject matter expert in multiple technology disciplines (business solutions, systems development, infrastructure area, planning, security) or multiple technology layers (network, computing, operating systems, data, application infrastructure, appliances, business solutions, security, systems management);
- Must apply architecture principles across multiple layers to solve business or technical problems;
- Keeps abreast of current developments and trends in multiple areas of expertise.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong Analytical and technical skills are required
- Good communication and presentation skills to be able to interact with business stakeholders.
- Work closely with support teams, systems and business leads to promote technical and functional upgrades, enhancements and best practices/industry standards.
- Focus on continuous improvement to drive a seamless, modernized associate/user experience.
- Participate in the analysis, design, develop, testing, and implementation activities within the areas of responsibility.
- Assist, mentor and train other team members.
- Work closely with support teams and support manager to address incidents and problem queues, ensuring proper prioritization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Management Information Systems preferred or related work experience.
- 7+ years of experience across multiple technology areas with at least 3 years directly related to area of responsibility.
- Experience architecting software security standards and implementation strategies.
- Extensive use of software security scanning tools such as SAST, DAST, SCA, container security, penetration testing, etc.
- Extensive hands-on knowledge of current security threats and vulnerabilities as outlined by OWASP, SANS, etc.
- Extensive hands-on knowledge in public cloud infrastructure
- Proficient in multiple programing languages, with focus on Java development.
- Experience working within Kubernetes and implementing security best practices.
- Experience in build tools and CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of API Security - OIDs/OAuth2/WAF
- Understanding of Product Teams and Agile methodology and practices
- FORTUNE 2020 Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
- From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firms 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $89642 - $152634