Appliance and Refrigeration Repair Technician with Extra Earning Potential!
Why an Appliance Repair Technician career might be right for you:
- You like solving problems – Each repair is different. You enjoy diagnosing problems and figuring out solutions
- You like fixing things – Getting things working again is a satisfying outcome. You did that!
- You like helping others – You’re the hero of the home, fixing essential appliances and lifting that weight off the shoulders of grateful homeowners
- You like to be on the move – You’re on the road and welcomed into customers’ homes every day
Why a career with Sears Home Services is right for you:
- Great hourly rates – $18 - $21 / hourly base rate, depending on experience, certification and location; plus uncapped commission!
- Benefits – Comprehensive set of medical, dental, and vision benefits with an additional employer-paid health care subsidy for any dependent tier medical plan enrollment under the Transform Health and Welfare Plan. Specifically, each eligible employee may receive up to $4,000 annually towards the cost of your dependent tier health coverage each year, prorated throughout the plan year.
- 401k match – Opportunity to contribute to 401k plan, with an employer match calculated on your before-tax contributions, 100% on the first 3% of salary
- More ways to earn –Technicians have the opportunity to earn additional performance bonuses & sales incentives throughout the year. Top techs averaging up to $6/hr in commission pay!
- Overtime opportunities (varies by location) – Our techs are in high demand. Supplement your income with additional hours!
- Year-round work – With Sears large scale and wide product range, Sears cross trains techs and keeps them busy year round
- Expert training – Best in class training program. Tens of thousands of repair techs have been trained by Sears Technical Institute in the past 60 years.
- Peer mentoring – Onboarding buddy and mentor technicians to help you grow your skills.
- Career advancement – Many ways to advance and cross-train to keep growing your career. Our average tenure is >12 years!
- Tools Provided – Sears provides company vehicle, uniforms, specialty tools, mobile phone & industry-leading app that eliminates paperwork and provides technical support.
- Job responsibilities:
- Drive to multiple customer’s homes daily to diagnose and repair a variety of home appliances with high levels of quality and efficiency; appliances may include refrigerators, washers, dryers, dishwashers, and microwaves
- Deliver excellent customer experience that exceeds expectations consistently
- Provide customers with value-added solutions that help make their home more clean, comfortable & protected
- Keep company truck well-maintained & organized, and help manage parts efficiently
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree
- Mechanical knowledge and aptitude, including use of testing & repair tools
- Experience repairing and diagnosing a variety of home appliances preferred
- Can follow directions and processes for quality workmanship
- Can use smartphone, including use for part ordering
- Successfully pass a background & drug screen
- Valid driver’s license for the state(s) in which you work
- Ability to travel up to 100%
- Ability to work variable and flexible hours, including required overtime
- Ability to read, understand, and apply written text of a technical nature to answer questions, solve problems, and complete job tasks
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to constantly lift, carry, push, or pull up to 20 lbs (frequently lift, carry, push, or pull 50 lbs; occasionally lift, carry, push, or pull 100 lbs)
- Ability to constantly reach outward, handle and finger objects, stand, walk, sit and type using a keyboard
- Ability to frequently bend, squat, kneel, twist, turn, stoop, climb, and crawl
- Ability to occasionally reach above shoulder
- Ability to drive automatic transmission vehicle