At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Edward Jones is looking for a Technical Consultant to help support innovation and growth within the Application Frameworks and API Platform team. The Technical Consultant works with a team of associates and contractors who are responsible for the API practice, tools and frameworks. These responsibilities include setting up API practice, Operation, Regulatory Compliance, Support, Development, Security, Quality, Disaster Recovery and Implementation of the API frameworks and Practice.
- Actively mentor and train other associates in their area of expertise.
- Provide direction as to the effective use of technology within the enterprise architecture.
- Provide leadership related to technical aspects of tools, methodologies, best practices and processes and standards that apply to their technical area of expertise.
- Research technical improvements and takes the initiative to communicate/implement solutions.
- Participates and represents area in cross-functional groups.
- Communicates issues and problem resolutions with all affected stakeholders, business areas and vendors.
- Researches requirements to determine system feasibility, costs, benefits, or functional requirements.
- Ensure prudent use of the firms financial resources.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in designing, developing and delivering application solutions for enterprise level development and integration projects.
- Deep understanding of Object-Oriented Principles and Java, as well as broad cross-functional knowledge including relational and NoSQL database, software security, system administration, and enterprise messaging patterns.
- Practical knowledge of Microservices and designing/building REST APIs.
- Experience with industry standard tools:? Spring Boot, Spring Framework, JUnit, Python, Gradle and Maven.
- Experience with Linux containerization, PaaS, or Cloud technologies preferred.
- Proficient with Git and Git workflows.
- Experience with server-side technologies such as Apache, Tomcat.
- Experience in tools used to assemble CI/CD (Jenkins / Electric Flow).
- Knowledge of MuleSoft Platform and API portal.
- Able to create a strong team environment and build technical skills through training and mentoring of others.
- Understanding of project management methodologies, system development lifecycle, infrastructure best practices and risk management concepts.
- FORTUNE 2020 Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
- From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firms 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $89642 - $152634