Analytics Engineer - remote (within +/- 3 hours East Africa Time) £60,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Analytics Engineer a to join this world leading innovator of Renewable Energy of Power Systems and Smart Low Power Appliances. This is a very unique opportunity to work for a company that are genuinely make a huge impact on the lives of people in less developed countries in Africa.
With over a million customers across multiple geographies, their data is essential to both everyday operations and business decisions. Analytic engineering is new and evolving, sitting at the intersection of Data Science and Analytics, Reporting and Data Engineering. You'll sit inside a small team with autonomy to improve the data team's workflows. Analytics Engineering is a relatively new field, so we welcome applicants from Data Analysts who tend towards repeatability and automation to Data Engineers who are interested in the business domain, data scientists who understand that clean data is more important than another 1000 epochs, or software engineers who want the perfect entry into the data space. This is a great opportunity for you to spearhead this area as the team expands.
Ultimately the responsibility of the Analytics Engineer is to increase the speed and efficiency of common data team workflows.
Below are some examples of how this can be achieved:
* Collaborate with engineers and the data team on efficient ingestion of data into their data warehouse.
* Deliver/review new automation frameworks within the team.
* Work on efficient storage of our data in the data warehouse, identifying performance improvements from query to table redesign.
* Write quality ELT code with an eye towards performance and maintainability.
* Introduce and develop tools that help data scientists and analysts work more efficiently.
* Empower other analysts to use and contribute to our ELT frameworks, developing their skills with mentoring and pairing.
* Contribute to our internal Python and R libraries, driving best practice.
* Improve the overall Data team's workflow through knowledge
* Experience: 3+ years data experience.
* Strong SQL Skills and transforming data
* You enjoy abstracting, generalizing, and creating efficient, scalable solutions where they are needed.
* You are curious, from new tools in the data world to what is the right business definition for this metric.
* You are highly collaborative and communicative.
* Experience with collaborative data and software development via git and you're comfortable in the command line.
* Experience deploying code/models to production, ideally via automated deployments.
* Experience with Data Warehouse Schema Design.
* Familiarity with using analytics to answer business questions.
* Experience with python and orchestration tools such as Airflow.
* Experience with dbt or a similar tool.
* Experience with using automated deployment pipelines.
* Experience with distributed compute tools such as Spark.
* Experience with Microsoft Azure, similar cloud providers and tools also a plus
* Experience with data visualisation tools such as PowerBI
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy