Location: Fully Remote
My Client is building a highly innovative deeply skilled Delivery team, to deliver a modern, scalable, secure, resilient and safe multi-tiered architectural platform. This journey will require new levels of competency, process and business engagement.
The Digital and Core Software Delivery teams are responsible for developing and supporting the customer facing and transactional applications.
* To analyse change requirements and identify technically viable practical solutions
* To produce efficient and reliable code, and undertake unit testing to the highest standard
* To prepare for and perform systems implementations
* To support other members of the team in areas of technical expertise
* To escalate issues to line manager
* To work with minimal supervision
* To accurately estimate work to assist with planning and control of the technical team capacity
* To follow software delivery procedures and best practice
* To monitor potential risks and identify improvements to critical operational process to maximise service availability
* To perform walkthroughs and quality reviews of own and other's work
* Prepare documents for internal and external use to agreed standards
* Keep up to date with emerging technologies and delivery models
* To provide technical and analytical support for the strategic data warehouse
* Ensure that the strategic data warehouse has the operability to support business user stories to deliver significant benefits to the organisation.
* Work collaboratively with the wider data analytics team to deliver change; primarily Business Systems Analysts, Data Modellers and Software Developers and testers.
* Attend and contribute at project events (Daily stand ups, 3 Amigo, Sprint Planning)
This role requires the following knowledge, skills and experience.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to learn on the job
* Strong demonstrable skills in a Structured Query Language,
* Strong demonstrable skills in relational databases ideally Oracle
* Strong demonstrable Skills in Data Warehousing, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud, Netezza,
* Understanding of Agile methodology and ability to work in Agile environment
Desirable Experience and skills:
* Experience in ETL products such as Talend, InfoSphere, Informatica, Microsoft SSIS, Data Visualisation, Data Discovery, QLIKView, Tableau, Spotfire
* Strong experience in reporting tools such as Microstrategy/Business Objects
* Familiarity with - relational databases ideally MongoDB
* Familiarity of source control systems, ideally Serena or Git
If you are interested, please apply now!
Certes Computing (and all of its subsidiary companies) is committed to promoting equality and diversity in its business operations.