Here at Liberty Fox Technologies, we’ve created a new path to IT transformation. Our job is not just to solve technical problems, but to develop the strategic solutions that make an organization thrive. We embrace positive change in ourselves and drive change for our clients. We are Advisors, Confidantes, Strategists, and Innovators for Hire.
Employee Value Proposition
At Liberty Fox Technologies, we provide software solutions and recommendations that improve our client’s business every day. We do that in a variety of ways, using a variety of software tools. Sure, we specialize in Microsoft.net but we’re fluent in most major platforms and methodologies.
Some clients hand out a book of instructions that tell a software developer exactly what to do. And that’s fine, if that’s the way they like to work. What makes us shine though is our ability to help them write the book (establish clear goals for their software project), publish it (produce it in a way that makes sense technically, but is based on a deep understanding of client needs and workflow), and then make sure it doesn’t sit on a shelf gathering dust (we want clients for life and that means designing software that adapts to a business as it changes over time).
The bottom line is that the technology solution always fits a customer’s needs.
Employee Value Proposition
We are one team, joining forces as employees, partners, and clients.
It’s critical to continuously improve, innovate, strive for excellence, and learn from your mistakes.
Always be kind, showing empathy and treating others with dignity.
Promote trust, be dependable, and transparent in everything you do.
And always question your assumptions, seek clarification, and confirm an equal understanding.
Location Greater Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is preferred, but remote work is also an option.
Our Agile Project Manager is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating Agile project teams. The goals are to:
- Achieve a high level of performance and quality, and
- Deliver agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users
The role may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions.
Although we reserve the right to change duties and responsibilities beyond the scope of this job description at any time, here’s what we’re looking at:
- Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work
- Develop Project Plans to support client timelines, project budgets, and team resource plans
- Support the Project Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high levels of quality for the team
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Leadership Skills: keep project resources motivated, resolve conflicts, and make hard decisions
- Time Management: You’ll be working with employees, customers, and management, often spinning multiple plates at once
- Math and Budgeting: Project managers are expected to keep and maintain a budget on almost every project. You will need to be confident in using math skills to make sure clients and team members know where the project’s money is going
- Analytical Skills: You’ll need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical workday. Employee will be analyzing data and making decisions that affect the project on a regular basis
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 8+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams. PMP preferred
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
We’re offering a competitive salary (depending on your experience) with an unlimited vacation day policy (yes, you read that right), a matching 401k plan, company-paid health insurance (you read that right too), and a great team-oriented work environment.Requirements
BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
Agency experience is required
Very effective interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
In-depth knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira
- Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
Proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is also required