Advice & Wealth Management (AWM) Business Development and Operations is the growth engine for Ameriprise Financial and approximately 10,000 branded financial advisors1 who help clients plan to achieve their dreams and financial goals and a dedicated corporate staff focused on driving profitable growth in the employee and franchise advisor platforms. Specifically, the corporate staff focuses on areas of operations such as advisor recruiting and practice acquisitions, compensation, real estate, communications, training, project management, practice management, advisor business development and risk mitigation.
The AWM Business Development and Operations internship program offers participating individuals a summer internship in one of the corporate staff areas with a variety of business management opportunities.
As an intern in AWM Business Development and Operations, you'll develop a working knowledge of business management from idea inception to execution. You'll learn various reporting methods as well as how to make sound business decisions and execute deliverables in a deadline-oriented environment - all while enhancing your team building and communication skills.
Responsibilities may vary depending on assigned project and could include:
- Participating on project teams responsible for implementing new programs for advisors
- Recommending and leading enhancements to existing processes
- Creating, updating and managing review processes for new/existing communications
- Drafting and maintaining project plans and status reports
- Capturing and tracking project issues and assisting with resolution
Past Intern Projects
- Assist with practice acquisition analyses and due diligence reviews
- Build and review content for internal website
- Participate in the advisor recruiting process
- Build and review advisor training materials
- Build and own internal department newsletter
- Current juniors pursuing majors in human resources, management, communications, business management, finance, economics, analytics or a related field
- Excellent academic performance with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Dynamic interpersonal and consultative skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, including Microsoft Excel