Advertising Sales Specialist - Remote
Are you looking for a career in a fast-growing company with opportunities for career advancement? Do you have a passion for High School and College Sports? If you answer yes to both, you could be the perfect fit for our client's company. Mascot Media
is a trailblazer in the school technology industry providing high-quality mobile apps and websites to high school athletic programs across the nation. Our products and services connect communities with their local schools by providing advertising, branding, and sponsorship opportunities for local businesses.
As an Advertising Sales Specialist, you are responsible for calling the local businesses in each respective community to secure sponsorships on the websites, apps, and potentially other products that we produce for our partner schools.
Advertising Sales Specialists must be able to prospect the local businesses, essentially cold calling, cultivate, and subsequently maintain relationships with sponsors across multiple communities. In addition, you must have the ability to sell various product types at different price points and make that determination quickly on the sales call. When the opportunity arises, the ability to put together a comprehensive presentation for large value sponsors is a must. You should have the gift of gab and the gift of persuasion. You are not discouraged by hearing the word no. Your work ethic and communication skills should be excellent. You also need to understand the impact athletics have on the athletes, the schools, and the community and how our products and services impact athletics. Required Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of remote phone advertising sales is required and experience selling digital banner ads, video pre-rolls, and digital display ads is a big plus. Candidates with less experience will be considered if they have a track record of exceptional results.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, with a strong telephone presence.
- Ability to take direction but operate with minimal supervision in a constantly evolving atmosphere.
- Fearless ability to try new things and learn quickly from failure.
- Innovative thinker who can challenge the status quo, which is encouraged.
- Outgoing personality with the ability to carry and control a conversation.
- Goal-driven self-starter who strives to exceed set sales targets with a team-first attitude.
- Experience using sales CRM software for tracking of activity and leads.
Now that you know who we are, here is what we offer:
- Uncapped earning potential
- Technology, software and proprietary processes and products
- In-House paid training
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance (Eligible 60 days after 1st date of hire)
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Holiday pay, & accrued PTO
- A casual and fun work environment with Friday afternoons off
- Remote Work opportunities
- ... And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.