A bit about Newfront:
From the the Lloyd's of London coffee shop to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy and society, but remains stuck in the stone age. Incumbents rely on antiquated pen-and-paper process and there's a huge opportunity to transform it through technology. At Newfront, we're building software to supercharge insurance brokers and help them deliver a delightful experience to clients.
While we're a technology-driven company, we believe that people and trusted relationships matter. Newfront believes in empowering people rather than "disrupting" them. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
We believe breakout growth creates breakout opportunities and diversity drives innovation.
This position is open to remote candidates with Pacific Time Zone preferred. #LI-RemoteWhat you'll work on
- Perform full-cycle agency bill accounting transactions, including but not limited to reconciling & allocating cash receipts, processing carrier & wholesaler invoices, preparing payment runs, and answering AR & AP inquiries
- Manage premium finance contracts, collection of down-payments, notifications to finance companies, and determination of payments required to wholesalers & carriers
- Process direct bill commission statements, confirming proper commission rates & premiums of corresponding policies, and follow up with carriers on missing and/or incorrect commission payments
- Assist in audits and maintaining AR controls by obtaining proper approvals, maintaining proper documentation, and following internal controls
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
You'll be a great fit if
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience in Accounts Payable and Accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- Experience with Excel spreadsheets and a proven ability to learn new accounting software
- Expensify, Accounting Seed, Netsuite, Salesforce, and Google Suite experience are a plus
- You are highly accurate, detailed, and organized
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can multitask and handle multiple deadlines
- You enjoy problem-solving to deliver a great experience for clients and teammates
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at .