Overview: Envision Healthcare
is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and womens and childrens health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an AP Specialist II. Summary
Envision Healthcare is actively recruiting for an Accounts Payable Specialist II. The Accounts Payable Specialist I I is responsible for all accounts payable administrative functions.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the full accounts payable cycle from receipt of invoices to payment, including invoices, matching purchase orders, obtaining approval, and entering invoices into the accounting system.
- Prepare batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
- Responsible for monthly accounts payable journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure all accounts payable policies and procedures are adhered to including travel related expenses, vendor approval and invoice processing.
- Responsible for IRS 1099 compliance and reporting.
- Responsible for imaging and record retention of all accounts payable documents.
- Manage vendor relations and build effective partnerships.
- Partner with AP Leadership and identify and implement process improvements.
- Assist team with gathering support for all audits, including pulling documentation.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Receives, researches, and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquires concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Other duties as assigned
- Reads and abides by the companys code of conduct, ethics statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training programs
- Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment, or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company
- Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or Legal Department to do so
- Support and abide by the values of the company
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Associates Degree in Accounting
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting preferred
- In lieu of Associates or bachelors degree, 3-5 years accounts payable experience
- 2-5 years of experience with accounts payable or general accounting.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Thorough knowledge in all aspects of accounts payable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
- Oracle preferred
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately, both written and orally.
- High degree of attention to detail
- Strong analytic abilities
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts!
We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit .
Envision Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #CB