Accounts Payable Specialist - Remote
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for a range of general tasks associated with processing accounts payable, expense reporting and vendor relationships. Coordinates and performs a broad range of clerical / support / reception functions in the department. Ensures that requests for information and services are accurately responded to in a timely and appropriate manner.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Performs all duties to obtain and prepare invoices for posting, which could include approvals, intercompany entity allocations, coding, all pertinent data and backup documentation as needed. Ensures all invoices are properly coded, approved, and processed per established time frame. Performs necessary computations and gathers and provides support as necessary.
- Creates AP batches and provide invoices and backup documentation to Controller for review prior to posting. Uploads intercompany Accounts Payable invoices to shared folder and respond to the entities' inquiries. Addresses issues and incomplete accounts payable paperwork with appropriate department and assists in problem resolution.
- Maintains an open file of vendor invoices and follows-up with responsible departments to ensure incomplete paperwork or inappropriate requests are addressed to complete payment in accordance with established policies and procedures. Ensures that requests for information are accurately responded to in a timely and appropriate manner. Demonstrates appropriate use of independent judgement and decision making. Demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
- Creates and produces standard and ad-hoc reports, such as, but not limited to, outstanding check report, "Un-invoice liability" report, outstanding balance for current vendor report, AP Trial Balance Detail Report, Legal Accruals, and IT Finance Accruals. Ensures paperwork and reports are complete and accurate, and processed in a timely manner.
- Complies with accounts payable policies and procedures and in accordance with organizational, governmental and agency requirements. Maintains confidentiality.
- Effectively uses all applicable computer and office systems/procedures to coordinate documentation, data, and information to ensure timely communication and smooth operations. Completes filing in timely manner. Ensures the work area is clean, clutter free, and organized.
Two (2) years or more of education for accounting and/or business fields. Associates or bachelor's degree in accounting or business-related fields preferred.Minimum Experience:
Two (2) years of Accounts Payable experience. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job. Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Computer literacy and proficiency especially using Excel. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across. Ability to maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload. Ability to multitask and prioritize needs to meet timelines. Proficient written and verbal communication skills preferred. Proficiency using Excel preferred.Req. Certification/Licensure:
None.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
How to Apply
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law:
Keywords: Accounts Payable, Vendor Relationships, Clerical, Invoicing, Customer Service.