Who We Are
Eide Bailly is one of the top 25 CPA and business advisory firms in the nation. We have over 40 offices in 15 states across the Midwest and western United States and offer our staff and Partners the opportunity to serve a variety of industries. Founded in 1917, our culture is the foundation of who we are, and we pride ourselves on supporting our employees to help them achieve their goals and pursue their interests both in the office and at home. At Eide Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it! Why You'll Love Working Here
At Eide Bailly we believe respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress. Our culture focuses on collaboration to achieve career growth. Innovation is highly encouraged. We promote happy employees by making work/life balance a priority along with being actively involved in our communities. Our dedication to service can be seen through the Firm's decision to match charitable donations made by employees, as well as providing opportunities to volunteer throughout the year. Most importantly, we like to have fun! We offer a professional and fun work environment with frequent lunch and learns, socials, contests, outings and other events. Typical Day in the Life
In this role, you will serve as a firmwide resource for accounting methods related matters and will be exposed to a wide range of issues and projects. This position can be based out of any of our office locations or work from home.
A typical day as an Accounting Methods Associate/Senior Associate might include the following:
Who You Are
- Provide consulting services for accounting method-related issues including automatic and non-automatic accounting method changes, inventory, revenue recognition, capitalization, cost recovery and accounting periods.
- Assist in the management and delivery of client projects, including review and analysis of client data and preparation of required calculations, supporting documents and IRS filings.
- Perform tax technical research to support tax advice.
- Manage client deadlines and workflow for multiple parties, including internal and external clients.
- Interface with internal and external clients and approach client interactions with maturity and discretion.
- Develop and present technical training materials for both internal and external clients addressing accounting method issues and technical developments.
- Produce written thought leadership pieces for internal and external distribution.
- Participate in professional association meetings and forums.
- You possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You are a self-starter and are able to work independently.
- You hold yourself to high ethical standards and maintain client confidentiality.
- You enjoy keeping up-to-date on the ever-changing tax regulations and policies.
- You enjoy solving problems and working to develop solutions.
- You take pride in helping others and building relationships with colleagues.
- You have strong computer skills and are proficient in Microsoft Office.
- In addition to all of this, you have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field, hold or are actively pursuing a CPA license or JD and have 1 or more years of experience in public accounting, including experience with accounting methods and/or federal tax consulting.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future. What to Expect Next
We'll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , LinkedIn or our About Us page.