The Sr. Revenue Accountant position is a newly created role joining a high growth SaaS company. The Sr. Revenue Accountant position is a direct hire, REMOTE position open due to organic growth & acquisitions.
Excellent opportunity for a Revenue Accounting professional with 4+ years of experience to play a key role in building out the revenue dept and function.
If you have ASC 606 in a SaaS company and want to work from home, then please message me asap for details. It is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing foundation with in an expanding software company with tremendous opportunity for career development.
The Senior Revenue Accountant position will be responsible for the timely & accurate accounting & reporting related to the company's revenue accounting.
- Prepare account reconciliations for revenue including deferred costs and revenue
- Reconcile revenue, billings and orders
- Ensure compliance on all orders and reviewing invoices
- Prepare monthly calculation and analysis
- Review, reconcile and monitor sales forecast and revenue reports
- Review contracts, and disclosures to ensure ASC 606 compliance
- Responsible for revenue closing schedules
- Analyze trends and budget to actuals; analyze, determine and report variances
- Partner with department heads (sales, legal, AR) to resolve customer discrepancies / issues
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; advanced degree desired
- 4 - 8 years of relevant experience (2+ years in public accounting desired)
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Prior experience in SaaS company is required
- Ability to work in high growth environment with changing / competing priorities
- Extensive experience and comprehensive understanding US GAAP, SOX and ASC 606
- Strong analytical and research skills and ability to think strategically
- Excellent interpersonal skills including strong verbal and written communication, and ability to interact effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Keen attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Able to analyze, summarize and articulate financial information