As a leader in the science of nutrition, Nestlé Health Science believes in empowering healthier lives for patients and consumers through a rich product portfolio featuring top brands such as Garden of Life , Nature's Bounty , Vital Proteins , Nuun , Persona Nutrition , BOOST , Carnation Breakfast Essentials , Peptamen , Compleat Organic Blends , and more, as well as through Aimmune Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company developing therapies to prevent, manage and treat food, GI and metabolic-related diseases.
Our team members are challenged to make a genuine impact and play an integral role in driving the business forward. We embrace a dynamic culture that always puts the consumer first, and where ownership, accountability and agility are celebrated at every level. To help our people thrive, we offer expansive career growth potential, the opportunity to work alongside and learn from talented colleagues with diverse backgrounds and skill sets, and a range of best-in-class benefits.
We have more than 11,000 employees around the world, and products available in over 140 countries.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the completion of the month end closing of the general ledger, preparing/reviewing journal entries and supporting schedules. The accounting manager is also responsible for driving efficient processes and implementing any new accounting policies in connection with process improvements, new accounting standards or other events. The accounting manager leads the accounting close team and develops accounting policies and leads change.
- Oversight and supervision of Senior and staff accountants including detail review of work and journal entries
- Execute the monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes including supervision of the corporate accounting team, escalation, and resolution of issues, and meeting all deadlines
- Work collaboratively with the divisional accounting and finance teams to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial statements accounts including pre-paid expenses, accruals
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, general ledger accounts, and financial reports
- Prepare and review reconciliations of accounts to ensure reconciliations are prepared appropriately, reconciling items are properly addressed and sufficient supporting documentation is included
- Review monthly variance analysis on P&L and balance sheet accounts and field questions within the organization
- Review balance sheet analytics and prepare robust commentary explaining variances
- Oversee the preparation of various internal financial statements for submission to parent company for various divisions as well as the eliminations for intercompany transactions
- Coordinate with internal departments including finance, sales, and inventory to drive the completion of tasks and provide information requested
- Work closely with internal and external auditors in completing audits providing appropriate insight and documentation
- Assist with training and development of the accounting team
- Identify short- and long-term training and development needs for all team members
- Participate in the recruitment process and develop Associates for career progression
- Establish and maintain a strong control environment
- Review processes and procedures within the department to identify, recommend and implement changes to improve the accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness of processes
- Assist with the assessment and implementation of new accounting pronouncements
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures to ensure accurate and reliable data necessary for business operations, including accounting guidance research
- Own major portions of the month-end close process in a deadline-oriented environment
- Up to 10% travel may be required
- If Remote, would need to align to east coast working hours
- 5 -7 years of related experience in the accounting field preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Computer literacy required, including advanced proficiency in Word and Excel
- Knowledge of SAP and/or Oracle a plus
- The candidate must also have an excellent work ethic; a self-starter, the ability to work with minimal supervision, punctual, dependable and a quick learner
The approximate pay range for this position is $120,000 to $135,000 base. Please note that the pay range provided is a good faith estimate for the position at the time of posting. Final compensation may vary based on factors including but not limited to knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as geographic location.
Nestle offer performance-based incentives and a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k with company match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Incentives and/or benefits packages may vary depending on the position. Learn more at About Us Making an Impact Nestle Careers ()
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.