Join Our Community of Food People!
THE CHEF'STORE STORY
CHEF'STORE is the destination for the best in restaurant shopping, serving both professional chefs and home-chefs' alike. Get great food at wholesale prices: fresh produce, meat, dairy and more, in the variety and volume you need. It's a fresh take on shopping for restaurant equipment and supplies, with easy access and a superior customer experience in our clutter-free stores. No memberships. Public welcome. CHEF'STORE means savings on everything you need.
The Accounting Manager for CHEF'STORE is accountable for key accounting processes that deliver accurate and timely accounting information for CHEF'STORE. Provides day to day oversight of staff. Partners with Rosemont/Tempe Corporate Accounting function, CHEF'STORE store managers, and CHEF'STORE VPs of Sales/Marketing and Buying/Merchandising to provide reporting and analysis of monthly and quarterly financial results and to achieve CHEF'STORE goals. Champions the implementation of CHEF'STORE accounting integration initiatives and process improvements. Owns internal control compliance for the CHEF'STORE accounting function. Act as liaison with internal and external auditors and other third parties.
** This role is blended. It is a hybrid role that allows someone to work onsite in Rosemont and some of their time working virtually, based on requirements of the job**ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Play a key role in ensuring the accurate and timely delivery of financial results for internal and external (SEC) reporting requirements through a robust monthly/quarterly close process.
- Provide analysis of CHEF'STORE monthly and quarterly financial results and partner with functional leaders to ensure timely and accurate accounting, planning and related analysis.
- Lead the SOX efforts in assigned areas ensuring prudent compliance and work with internal and external auditors as required. Proactively assess impact to company operations.
- Assist with implementation of new CHEF'STORE accounting systems.
- Identify and implement process improvements and standardization of accounting processes.
- Review analysis on key business drivers and leading indicators utilizing appropriate statistical capabilities available in current financial systems.
- Support executive level presentations and communicates recommendations to gain alignment across functions and operations on strategic decisions and projects to meet company objectives.
- Facilitate a team environment of process improvement and ownership of assigned responsibilities.
- Provide direct oversight of assigned Staff Accountants and Accounting Clerk.
- Guide, coach and develop accounting staff.
- Coordinate efforts of direct reports to ensure that the daily, monthly and quarterly responsibilities are met.
- Champion the values and behaviors of the Company Cultural Beliefs.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related analytical field required (or related experience)
• MA/MBA preferred
• Job relevant certifications preferred (e.g. CPA)Related Experience/Requirements
• 5 years of relevant work experience required OR 3 years of relevant work experience with an MBA or MA in finance or accounting
• At least 1 year of experience leading projects and/or process improvements
• Prior experience supervising staff required
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office Suite tools (Word, Outlook, etc.)
• Experience with SAP and/or PeopleSoft preferred
• Experience with retail accounting preferredKnowledge/Skills/Abilities:
• Deep knowledge of accounting including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and SOX
• Prioritization/Organization/Multi-tasking - Able to organize their own work and deadlines as well as assist others with their planning. Able to prioritize activities in a multi-tasked environment required.
• Attention to Detail - Regularly provides work that is accurate, thorough and consistent. Reviews work of others for accuracy
• Communications - Strong Verbal & Written communications. Communicating to a variety of audiences
• Analytical - Strong analytical skills. Analyzes complex information
• Problem Solving - Able to make accurate decisions and solve problems, many of which are complex, with little direction
• Independent Thinking - Works independently on most assignments. Brings forward ideas for improvement
• Team Participation - Collaborates well with team members and other work associates. Will lead the team and others
• Interpersonal - Has strong working relationships with others. Able to manage interactions with all levels of the organization
• People Leadership - Assigns and oversees work of team members. Provides coaching and feedback to grow team members. Is a positive role model by setting examples for integrity, fairness and respect
• Systems/Processes - Strong working knowledge of IT, integration into the business, and works to make processes more effective and efficient
#LI-BB1***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***