This position is responsible for retaining existing customers and growing new business by developing and cultivating strong customer relationships. This position is also responsible for generating revenue from new and existing customers through consultative selling and outstanding customer service practices. This position will customarily and regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment relative to matters of significance.Essential Job Functions
- Execute planned sales activities on a target list of high potential existing customers.
- Execute renewal and upgrade activities according to Company standards.
- Develop and implement account plans that document specific sales strategies and tactics.
- Build and sustain customer relationships at multiple levels.
- Identify specific opportunities for customer upgrade within a target list of existing customers.
- Qualify and validate customer-specific needs and develop solution criteria.
- Develop, in concert with customers, options for addressing those specific needs.
- Effectively and powerfully communicate the value proposition to existing customers.
- Act as a customer advocate throughout the entire sales process and solution delivery process.
- Forecast and track sales revenues and activities in a timely manner using the customer relationship management (CRM) system and other tools.
- Travel as required to attend trade shows, client meetings, or other business engagements.
* Essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation. The function is considered essential if the reason the position exists is to perform that function.Supportive Job Functions
- Stay current with market developments, competitive offerings, technological advances, and Company products.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
*These tasks do not meet the Americans with Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and usually equal 5% or less of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.QualificationsKnowledge, Skills Abilities
Education, Experience, and Certification
- Sense of urgency.
- Proven track record of overachievement within sales environment.
- High level of comfort with a technology-driven, fast-paced environment that requires ability to quickly synthesize multiple sources of data.
- Sound and up-to-date technical knowledge; familiarity with using CRM systems.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the Company and with various business contacts outside of the Company in an articulate, professional manner. Strong phone skills and written communications skills.
- Outstanding negotiating and closing skills.
- Ability to build and sustain trust among customers and colleagues.
- Ability to make independent choices regarding matters of significance to business operations.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required.*
- 3 to 5 years of high-value, business-to-business, solution sales experience is required.*
- Professional training in selling and account planning processes.
Data Axle is a leading provider of data and data-driven marketing solutions. Data Axle provides data, technology and services that help marketers acquire new customers and maximize the value of existing relationships. The company's data and marketing solutions help clients of all sizes, from local SMBs to FORTUNE 100™ enterprises, increase sales and customer loyalty. Data Axle provides both digital and traditional marketing channel expertise that is enhanced by access to our proprietary data on 280 million individuals and 24 million businesses. For more information, visit .
At Data Axle, our employees are directly responsible for our success. We strongly believe in rewarding employees for their initiative, teamwork and leadership. Every day, we expect our employees to ask questions, demand better solutions and challenge one another to succeed. We are constantly looking for candidates who are not only qualified and knowledgeable, but also have the drive to grow professionally. We hire dynamic individuals in variety of fields such as information technology, account management and client services, sales, marketing, administration and human resources.Affirmative Action/EEO Policy
At Data Axle, we are committed to attracting, retaining and engaging employees from all walks of life. Diversity is an important part of our values and business operations. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment that promotes professional development for everyone. As part of that commitment, Data Axle does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, status as a disabled veteran and/or Veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. In addition, Data Axle will provide reasonable accommodation for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
This position may be performed remotely and will be filled outside the state of Colorado