Account Manager Job Description
Reports to: Director of Account Management
World Centric is a mission driven B Corp that seeks to have a meaningful impact on people and planet through our compostable products and the donation of 25% of profits to the most vulnerable in the world. If you decide that the role below could be a great fit for you, please be sure to include a cover letter detailing your interest in working for World Centric. For more information on working and life at World Centric, please visit our website .
Account Managers (AM) work in conjunction with Sales to provide exceptional service to customers through regular communication and follow up. A large portion of the work is to provide support to Sales and external Customers. This position is also responsible for the accurate and timely entry of customer orders while providing excellent customer service.
The World Centric AM team are 8 people supporting dedicated regions throughout the US and some international. We are seeking an AM to support our customers in Central and Eastern US, specifically working between 9-6 CT (or 8-5 once trained). This position is fully remote but must reside in either TX, WI. We will consider CA residents that are willing to work central time zone.
The Account Manager role breakdown:
Order Entry/Data Entry - 35%
- Use and maintain CRM system (NetSuite) for
- placing customer orders manually, from EDI, and from Conexiom
- verifying correct pricing on purchase orders
- capturing customer interactions (phone and email) for back up as needed
- setting up new accounts; updating account information
- managing back-orders and availability, including options to support from another warehouse
- Entering sample orders
Sales/Customer Support - 65%
- Communicate via email or phone with customers on items such as orders, returns, product issues, inventory levels, product availability and shipment tracking.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with buyers.
- Efficiently resolve customer issues/problems, including order shortages, damage claims and invoicing.
- Manage status and updates of opportunities in NetSuite with RSM/TM, assist with follow up on opportunities, based on sales.
- Participate with RSM/TM in broker and Distributor Sales Rep trainings on T2 accounts.
- Regularly communicate with RSM/TM on customer needs and/or issues.
- Act as liaison between customer, RSM/TM and WC Custom Prints team to get price quote information and follow through to artwork approval and order placement.
- Communicate and collaborate with other WC teams including Customer Service, Supply Chain, Finance and Logistics to problem solve.
- Prepare shipping quotes and/or order estimates as requested, including product and shipping cost and inventory availability.
- Monitor inventory levels and identify possible out of stock situations.
- Monitor trends in customer behavior and advise RSM/TM of ways to adjust pricing tier, shipping methods, consolidating orders, special orders, container orders, etc.
- Provide input from customers on product demand for procurement orders.
- Monitor reports from Accounting when customers 15+ days past due to offer assistance as liaison with the buyer to help clear the hold.
- Assisting with the onboarding of new accounts and brokers.
World Centric aims to create an environment that is diverse, inclusive, and equitable to people from all backgrounds, which is why candidates who may not meet every requirement, are still encouraged to apply.
A successful Account Manager will have the following:
- Minimum education: H.S Diploma or or GED equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential to building strong relationships with internal and external customers
- 3+ years working in customer service or account management with medium to large accounts required
- Minimum 1+ years experience using CRM or ERP system
- Professional, tactful, and at ease interacting with large customer accounts and stakeholders
- Extremely organized to efficiently work on and prioritize several accounts at once
- Experience in roles utilizing strong attention to detail with little room for error
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks, manage details, and work in a fast-paced changing environment
- Excellent technical skills and capable of learning new software systems. Must be proficient in MS Outlook & Teams.
- Ability to work Central Time zone either 9-6 for initial training and move to 8-5 after 3 months.
- Ability to work in remote home office. Computer office equipment will be provided but candidates must have workspace that is comfortable, safe, and free from distraction.