We make Octopus Deploy.
We simplify complex software deployments so our customers can focus on what they do best and ship software on time without unwanted disruptions or surprises.
🐙235,000+ people use Octopus Deploy.
🐙600,000+ virtual machines run our Tentacle agent.
🐙300,000,000+ deployments to date.
🐙90% of support emails answered in 2 hours or less.
🐙Over 3,500 organisations use Octopus Deploy (curious? check this out)
Octopus Deploy is one of Australia’s fastest-growing software companies (and we’re taking on the world). After bootstrapping for a decade, in 2021, we quietly raised Australia's second largest ever venture capital raise, accepting a USD 172M minority investment from Insight Partners.
We're looking for a new Account Manager to join our team. You will serve as the main point of contact for new SMB customers and existing customers of all sizes by assisting with their renewals while identifying and closing expansion opportunities. Your primary responsibility will be understanding the unique needs and goals of new and existing customers and assisting with their renewals while actively working to expand their usage of Octopus Deploy. If you thrive in a dynamic, customer-focused environment and have a passion for learning customer-first sales, then this may be a great spot for you!
Salary Expectations: £50,000- £65,000 + commission + stock options
A Typical Day Might Look Like:
- Work with sales leadership to develop and execute various competitive sales strategies.
- Manage a renewal pipeline and forecast renewal rates monthly and quarterly.
- Work with existing customers to expand their usage of Octopus.
- Follow up on leads and close deals for SMB customers
- Prepare professional, well-written quotes and contracts for presentation to customers.
- Successfully executes on special initiatives or special projects as required.
- Develop & foster strong professional relationships with internal business partners, including Sales, Marketing, Finance, Compliance, and Sales Leadership.
- Review, analyze, and interpret agreements with a high degree of accuracy.
- Utilize Salesforce and various additional sources to determine customer health.
- Leverage customer data and behavior to assess the health of each renewal.
- Identify customer attrition risks and develop cross-functional plans to mitigate them successfully.
- Proactively negotiate with the customer on their renewals.
- Accurately maintain/update a rolling renewal forecast and communicate any renewal risk to internal resources to develop resolution strategies.
- Own and execute win/win negotiation strategies for many renewals that maximize contract value while protecting and enhancing customer trust.
- Maximize account growth by playing a role on the account team, helping to identify incremental opportunities upon contract renewal.
You'll Be A Great Fit If You:
- Have multiple years of experience (2-3 years) in managing high-volume renewals in accounts, experience with CI/CD, DevOps, SaaS products preferred.
- Have proven experience with forecasting and achieving or exceeding quota targets.
- Excel in competitive sales scenarios.
- Possesses strong sales and negotiation skills for negotiating complex agreements.
- Display exceptional people skills to drive results cross-functionally with internal and external customers.
- Bring creative solutions to the table when confronted with a challenge.
- Can analyze and interpret complex contracts with a high degree of accuracy.
- Have exceptional organizational skills and experience managing complex timelines and processes.
- Demonstrate experience negotiating contracts and working with SaaS renewals.
- Know how to analyze issues, problem solve, make decisions, or escalate for help.
- Can present and engage with cross-functional teams and sales leadership.
- Can prioritize requests based on importance and timing for key decision-making or events.
- Have the ability to articulate business value; and deliver communications appropriate for senior-level contacts, engineering teams, etc.
Why Is This A Great Opportunity?
- We offer great benefits, including generous laptop and home office allowances, plus stock options!
- Annual leave of 25 x days.
- Parents receive 12 weeks of fully Paid Parental Leave.
- We value transparency and fairness in every aspect of our business. For example, Paul (our CEO) shares monthly updates on company performance, and our pay structures are designed to pass the ‘printer test’.
- Trust and autonomy. Octonauts are treated with respect, and are trusted to find the best way of working for the task at hand, without managers looking over their shoulder.
- You’ll be joining a high-growth company with numerous opportunities to learn and advance your career.
- Remote first: work from wherever you feel most productive.
- We are a supportive company where everyone’s contribution is valued.
- We respect and encourage work/life balance.
- We’ve built an inclusive workplace culture and understand the true importance of culture-add, versus culture-fit.
- From day 1, you'll have a buddy helping you get your bearings. You can book in coffee chats with anyone in the company. We encourage everyone to have a voice in all aspects of the product and the business. So much so that we have an open chat policy (all channels are public by default) and everyone is welcome!
- If you need assistance or accommodation during the application process because of disability, please let us know and we’ll try our best to accommodate.
- Also when it comes to inclusivity, we mean it, check out our handbook!
- If you’d like to work at Octopus, reach out and say hello!
How to Apply
- You must have ongoing unrestricted work rights and reside in the UK.
- Submit a CV - your LinkedIn profile is also acceptable as long as it contains enough information for us to assess your fit for the role.
- We welcome any other relevant documents or portfolios necessary to showcase your skillset and why you think you’d be a great fit here at Octopus.
£50,000 - £65,000 a year
[Note to Search Firms/Agencies]
Octopus Deploy does not compensate search firms for unsolicited assistance unless they have a written search agreement with Octopus Deploy and the requisition is position-specific. Any resumes, curriculum vitae and other unsolicited assistance from search firms that do not have a written search agreement or position-specific requisition submitted to any Associate of Octopus Deploy will be deemed the sole property of Octopus Deploy and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Octopus Deploy.