Account Executive (Technology & IT Infrastructure) - Tri-State Market
Coranet is seeking a self-motivated, highly organized individual to join our national sales team and manage the network infrastructure and wireless sales and business development within the Northeast region. This position is primarily responsible for driving all aspects of the selling process including new business development and project sourcing within the region.
Specifically, the candidate should have strong existing relationships within the commercial space and experience selling low-voltage technology solutions across industries. Relationships or skills selling network infrastructure solutions direct to Enterprise clients, General Contractors, Real Estate Developers, Public Sector Employees, and Manufacturing CIOs are ideal. The candidate would have ample experience developing existing customer relationships and building off of the core business. Our ideal candidate would focus on growing Coranet's business and maintaining our strong reputation within the NYC marketplace. They would speak regularly with general contractors and work to make Coranet the preferred infrastructure technology vendor on future real estate projects across the Tri-State area.
Products represented will include Network Infrastructure (Copper, Fiber), Audio Visual solutions, Network Security, Physical Security, IP Camera / Biometric Scanners installations, commercial DAS, access control, and wireless solutions for large commercial clients and government entities. The candidate will preferably reside on the East Coast and driving distance to the key market, but not required. A college degree is required.
Some additional requirements include:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in either sales, estimating, or engineering position in data or telecom cable, wireless solutions, IP camera, or AV.
- Ability to travel up to 25%, depending on territory assignment
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and deliver solutions-oriented proposals in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal, and proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Salesforce
- Efficient and capable of working independently from a home office or remotely
- Experience presenting infrastructure technology solutions and proposals to customers and partners
- Strong networking skills and desire to build a book of business
- Experience working with new sales models, services, and marketing said changes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for building out and managing the territory. Sourcing new opportunities and potential customers. Bidding on new opportunities and networking across the region.
- Contacting GCs regularly to partner on their current and future build-outs
- Schedule and direct sales-related meetings and events
- Provide regular updates of in-house orders, sales calls/meetings scheduled, new opportunities, and status of outstanding proposals
- Work with internal marketing to develop go-to-market strategies and define customer segments
- Achieve sales and marketing goals by working effectively with internal and external partners
- Routinely communicate with vendor partners to ensure plan objectives are being met
- Works with the inside sales team to ensure that quotes are provided and order requests are processed accurately
- Works with the engineering team to accurately scope projects
- Maintains relationships with all levels of customer contacts, but has a focus to maintain executive level (Director and above) relationships
Strategic Planning & Presentation
- Provides accurate weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales forecasts and manages individual and team pipelines at all stages to ensure we are meeting goals and objectives
- Understands market trends, pitches new business opportunities, and promotes change
- Seeks to grow product and solution mix by identifying new opportunities and segments