Purdue Global Academic Center Technology Tutor (Remote)
Academic Center Tutors provide synchronous and asynchronous tutoring support services for Purdue University Global students. Tutors are responsible for creating a positive, supportive environment and providing specialized content knowledge assistance that helps students progress in their coursework and overall academic success. Tutors provide accurate and timely feedback on paper and project reviews, provide students with helpful academic resources, facilitate group study sessions, teach basic study and learning skills, and otherwise contribute to positive student learning experiences and student success. Tutoring specialization may include but is not limited to, writing, math, science, technology, and business.
What to expect in this role:
- Provides a warm, student-empowering learning environment.
- Perform weekly tutoring sessions in accordance with established schedule and consistent with Purdue University Global’s academic standards guidelines and tutoring policies, and provide accurate, consistent student-centered feedback in a timely manner.
- Participates in development projects and manage projects in absence of Academic Center Specialist.
- Revise, create, and enhance tutorials and reference materials and web spaces.
- Promote center services across the institution as directed.
- Engage in relevant professional development, which is planned and approved by direct supervisor.
- Attend department meetings, teleconferences, and trainings as assigned.
- Comply with Purdue University Global Academic policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties or projects as assigned.
- Master’s Degree, 2 years teaching or tutoring experience.
What we’re looking for:
- Practiced knowledge of MS Office and Google suite.
- Ability to manage multiple emails accounts.
- Ability to adapt to changing technical demands; familiar with video creation and editing a plus.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate a commitment to students; provide a positive student-centered atmosphere with patience and understanding.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- This is an hourly position. The target wage is $21.00/hour.
- Purdue University Global will not sponsor employment authorization for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible For Overtime)
Purdue Global is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Our goal is to recruit and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We celebrate the diversity of thought, backgrounds, and skills necessary to support an inclusive environment. Employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. All individuals are encouraged to apply.