Our culture lifts you up-there is no ego in the way. Our common purpose? We all want to win for our customers. We aim to always be evolving, dynamic, and ambitious. We believe in the power of genuine connections. Each employee is a part of what makes us unique on the market: agile, dedicated, problem solvers.
Time Type: Regular
Job Description : Time Type:
Job Description : Job Description : Job Title:
Data Voice Specialist Department:
Advanced Services GroupReports to:
Manager/Supervisor of Technical Support OperationsEEO Classification:
Under general supervision provides technical support for hardware and software to our residential and business customers.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide technical support to our customers in the use of telecommunication equipment (home networking routers, Data modems, and MTAs) & assure adequate connectivity to the network (voice and data).
- Ability to consistently remain within the ASG department's guidelines for Call Monitoring, Trouble call fee accuracy, and SRO (Special Request Order) percentages.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, Apple Macintosh Operating Systems, some computer hardware knowledge, hardware driver knowledge, basic understanding of network topology\terminology, email troubleshooting (web and client based) troubleshooting tools (ping, traceroute, nslookup,) and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to troubleshoot email issues such as blacklists, password resets, and SMPT-POP settings
- Ability to troubleshoot LAN connectivity issues. Examples: The most common type of local area network is an Ethernet or wireless LAN. The smallest home LAN can have two computers; a large WAN can accommodate many thousands of computers.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:Flexibility
-Able to remain open-minded and change opinions on the basis of new information; performs a wide variety of tasks and can change focus quickly as demands change; manages transitions effectively from task; adapts to varying customer needs.Initiative
- Able to bring about great results from ordinary circumstances; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance; transforms leads or ideas into productive business outcomes; undertakes additional responsibilities and responds to situations as they arise without supervision.Decision Making
- Able to solve problems while exhibiting good judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; uses reasons, even when dealing with emotional topics, reviews facts and weighs options.Communication
- Clearly conveys information through a variety of media (verbal, written, e-mail, v-mail, etc.) in a way that engages the audience and helps them understand and remember the message; listens well.Self-development and continuous learning
- Stays informed of current industry trends; actively identifies opportunities for learning; learns and applies new concepts to improve job performance; shares information with others on the job; takes responsibility for career development.Customer Focus
- Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; addresses and resolves service failures; priorities customer needs; makes customer and their needs a primary focus of action.Education and/or Experience:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from one-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Language Skills
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to our residential and business customers during troubleshooting.Mathematical Skills
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.Reasoning Ability
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
None.Other Skills and Abilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Location : Rochester, NH
Company : Atlantic Broadband Finance, LLC
- Being inclusive is simply welcoming you to be yourself!
- Being inclusive also means fostering a climate of trust and respect, and encouraging diversity and equity for every candidate wanting to be part of the Cogeco team.
- Being inclusive allows us to reduce barriers in the workplace and to take actions to enable accessibility for all!
- Being inclusive is more than a word, it's our commitment to you!
If you need any accommodations to apply or as part of the recruitment process, please contact us confidentially at - provided by Dice