• Write code for moderately complex system designs. Write programs that span platforms. Code and/or create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
• Write code for enhancing existing programs or developing new programs.
• Review code developed by other IT Developers.
• Provide input to and drive programming standards.
• Write detailed technical specifications for subsystems. Identify integration points.
• Report missing elements found in system and functional requirements and explain impacts on subsystem to team members.
• Consult with other IT Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, Project Managers and vendors.
• "Scope" time, resources, etc., required to complete programming projects. Seek review from other IT Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts or Project Managers on estimates.
• Perform unit testing and debugging. Set test conditions based upon code specifications. May need assistance from other IT Developers and team members to debug more complex errors.
• Supports transition of application throughout the Product Development life cycle. Document what has to be migrated. May require more coordination points for subsystems.
• Researches vendor products / alternatives. Conducts vendor product gap analysis / comparison.
• Accountable for including IT Controls and following standard corporate practices to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
• The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned. Job Requirements:
• Experience and understanding with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
• Proficiency using versioning tools
• Thorough knowledge of Information Technology fields and computer systems
• Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
• Flexible team player
• Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
• Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
• Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
• Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• In-depth understanding of the systems development life cycle
• Proficiency programming in more than one object-oriented programming language
• Proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
• Proficiency using debugging tools
• High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
Specific Tools/Languages Required:
Abinitio background is helpful
5-8 years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education
IT development/programming/coding professional within a Hadoop environment Experience with Agile Methodology Required
Related Bachelor's degree in an IT related field or relevant work experience