Remote Senior Underwriters needed! Strongly prefer active DE/CHUMS and/or LAPP/SAR. Don't wait! Interviews are going on now.
This Jobot Job is hosted by Stephen Niedringhaus
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.A Bit About Us
We Actually Encourage 100% Remote Underwriting and Have Been, Even Before It Was Cool!
100% REMOTE!!!! Apply today as we are hiring experienced Senior Remote Underwriters now!
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Southern California, we are one of the largest independently owned Mortgage Banks in the nation, specializing in Wholesale and Correspondent mortgage lending nationwide! If you are a Sr. Remote Underwriter this is a great opportunity to join our mortgage family! Active DE/CHUMS required and LAPP/SAR is a huge plus!
Don't wait. Apply today!
Why join us?
* Voted the top 5 of the 50 Best Companies to work and one of the largest independently owned Mortgage Banks in the nation. *
- A strong competitive salary will be based on experience.
- Awesome bonus structure!!!
- OT pay
- True Work-Life Balance
- Great full benefits!
- Two weeks' vacation time, over nine paid holidays, and five sick days!
- Employee discount program!
- Using your active LAPP/SAR and/or your & DE/CHUMS you will be required to be a subject matter expert!
- Completes a thorough analysis of loan files to determine compliance with company, investor, & FHA/VA plus USDA guidelines.
- Evaluates the entire credit package & collateral for residential mortgage loans & ultimately ensures an "investment" quality loan product.
- Checks the accuracy of all calculations & data integrity.
- Completion of all required underwriting worksheets found in Fast Trac 360 Resource Center.
- Assists with the training of new underwriters.
- Recommends the loan disposition to underwriting manager for loan amounts in excess of authority limitation.
- Maintains company standard for productivity level & complies with the company policy of 48-hour underwriting turnaround time & 24-hour turnaround time for clearing conditions.
- Strives to meet 3 decisions/day within the allotted time
- Communicates decisions on loans to appropriate parties both verbally & in writing.
- Maintains underwriting activity logs & provides monthly underwriting report to underwriting manager.
- Available to processors & correspondents for general guideline interpretations & questions on specific loan files.
- Responds to post-closing reviews & audits in a timely fashion.
- Performs related duties, as directed by Underwriting or Operations Manager.
- An Active LAPP/SAR and or an active DE/CHUMS is required! Having both is preferred
- Correspondent & wholesale lending experience
- Strong USDA experience
- Minimum of three years of recent mortgage underwriting experience, with a solid working knowledge of underwriting guidelines.
- Experience with private investor and private mortgage insurance guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal-communication and business-relationship skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and follow-through skills.
- Excellent analytical, written communication, and verbal communication skills.
- Technologically proficient.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent professional experience.
Apply directly or feel free to email me your latest resume to and let me know the best time to reach you.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.