JAVA Developers are responsible for the development, programming, and coding of Information Technology solutions. This position is responsible for building and maintaining data pipelines to ship data from different data sources to Elasticsearch. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decision. Developers are responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Experience with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation.
- Keen to learn new technologies and implement the same in feature development within the time frame provided
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Flexible team player
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Experience of Java-8/Java EE design and development experience.
- Spring Boot & Microservices architecture
- Experience implementing API Service architectures (SOAP, REST)
- Proficiency using GIT, GitLab
- Working knowledge with CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins)
- Good understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns, experience building thread safe code
- Experience of real-time data ingestion, processing and provisioning such as Apache Kafka, Rabbit MQ etc.
- Experience in complete SDLC.
- Strong OOPS knowledge
- Experience working with RDBMS like Oracle DB, PostgreSQL etc.
The preferred qualifications listed below reflect desired knowledge, skill, and/or experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Various Domain experience; Health Care, Financial, etc.
- Experience using Agile
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch
- Containerization with Docker, and related orchestration tools such as OpenShift, Kubernetes etc.
- Knowledge/Experience with RedHat OpenShift is a plus
- Experience with TDD, code testability standards, JUnit/Mockito
3-5 years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education as a Java Developer
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science is must
- provided by Dice