Maintains, monitors, configures, and ensures optimal performance of the enterprise database. Performs regular back-up archiving and integrity checks.
- Configure and maintain DB2 pureScale database on Linux including performance, sizing, scaling, backup, high availability and disaster recovery for DB2 pureScale on Linux.
- Configure and maintain Microsoft SQL Server on Linux including performance, sizing, scaling, backup, high availability and disaster recovery.
- Perform tasks and activities on database security, backup and recovery, diagnosing/resolution of problems, systems monitoring, database performance on DB2 pureScale on Linux.
- Architect, install and configure IBM DB2 pureScale on Linux.
- The candidate will perform complex professional and advisory functions in form installation, configuration, testing, documentation IBM database software products in accordance with State policies and procedures.
- Confers with agency technical and other section technical as well as agency business personnel to identify and resolve issues.
- Works with vendors to implement, maintain, and correct problems related to target systems. Must work with multiple vendors when situation requires.
- Must be able to suggest viable solutions to meet business needs.
- Document all systems and performed actions in the approved manner.
- Serves as project coordinator as needed across multiple agencies and locations to determine components, schedules and assignments providing expertise, guidance and direction to staff.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years working in Information Technology
- 3+ years of experience administering, analyzing, and/or developing relational databases.
- Experience working within an AIX/SuSe Environment required.
- Experience creating data models of databases, and monitoring/tuning database performance.
- Strong experience with QRadar Security Information and Event Management.
- Strong experience working with DB2 management software.
- Ability to travel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology preferred.
- Candidate must have experience in Q replication.
- Candidate must have HADR experience (installation/configurations, troubleshooting).
- Candidate must have database backups and recovery experience.
- Candidate must have some experience in pureScale ENV databases.
- Experience with Native encryption and SSL configuration.
- Experience in daily DBA tasks.
- Experience working with DB2 in a hosted environment (hosted environment experience is a major requirement).
- Experience working within an AIX/SuSe Environment.
- Experience as a DBA in a clustered environment.
- PureApp experience.
- pureScale DB experience.
- HADR experience.
- Good experience in IBM DB2.
- Good experience in IBM MQ.
- Good experience in IBM Guardium.
- Good experience in setting up Native encryption on DB2 databases.
- Good experience in backup, restore, recovery and performance tuning on IBM DB2 databases.
- Good experience in command line (Linux, AIX, etc).
- Good experience in any scripting language.
- provided by Dice