Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Working with agile product teams to build accessibility into all areas of the SDLC (research, design, development, testing).
· Identifying accessibility issues and suggesting remediation solutions.
· Conducting full accessibility audits on custom mobile applications.
· Contributing to the development and maintenance of accessibility guidelines, processes, checklists, how-to documents and web-based resources.
· Effectively advocating for users with disabilities
· Organizing internal awareness building activities
· Developing and delivering accessibility training and webinars.
· Must possess strong working knowledge of WCAG 2.0 Level AA (required) and WCAG 2.1 (desired).
· Familiarity with xcode, Accessibility Inspector, and Accessibility Scanner preferred.
· Familiarity with the W3C Mobile Accessibility Task Force recommendations.
· Familiarity with ADA and international accessibility laws.
· Understand accessibility and usability principles that impact users with disabilities.
· Hands on experience with assistive technology devices including screen readers, screen magnification, alternative keyboard inputs, etc.
· Hands on experience with accessibilities features of iOS and Android.
· Hands on experience conducting accessibility audits for web and native.
· Ability to provide technical solutions and remediation guidance to designers, developers and QA.
· Familiarity with WAI-ARIA and how to implement accessibly.
· Knowledge of W3C standards-compliant HTML and CSS
· Knowledge of accepted accessibility interaction patterns and best practices for native applications
· Experience in native app develop, web development, user interface design, user experience a plus.
· Experience with agile methodologies and JIRA
· 3-5 years hands on experience testing/auditing websites for accessibility
· Intermediate level experience with at least 1 screen reader
· Understanding of the differences between screen readers.
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Attention to detail and the ability to communicate complex topics
· Exceptional customer service skills with ability to effectively interact with multiple stakeholders and internal teams.
· Expert at time management as well as working & finding answers to questions independently
Any of the following certifications a plus but not required
· IAAP Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC)
· Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS) Certification
Successful candidates should also possess the following capabilities
1. Strong communicator; both verbally and in writing, who can effectively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization.
2. Ability to communicate technical accessibility concepts and terminology into easy-to-understand terms.
3. Independent thinking who shows ability to work with general supervision and as part of a team but also shows initiative and drive to work independently.
4. Be a self-starter who exhibits both drive and dependability.
5. Demonstrate strong strategic and critical thinking skills, asking thoughtful and relevant questions
6. Understand sense of urgency and prioritization
7. Exercise good judgement and the ability to manage several competing priorities
8. Resolve issues effectively and creatively as a general problem solver, while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism, and integrity.
9. Build positive relationships, exhibit tact and earn trust as a reliable interpersonal teammate.
10. Show capacity to influence and persuade.
11. Strong organizational skills
12. Navigate comfortably around unstructured challenges, built and inspire others to drive successful product delivery
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.