Are you looking for a challenge with a dynamic, high profile, cutting edge technology team? Jack Henry & Associates and The Faster Payments team is looking to add a Senior Database Administrator to their team. This candidate will administer database and ETL process servers, with a primary focus on system stability, scalability, infrastructure and design support.
Our ideal candidate will be a thought leader and contribute new ideas to database architecture and design. They will be a strong collaborator who is willing and eager to work with teams throughout the organization. This candidate should thrive in an environment where you are constantly learning and growing. Although you will work in a team, this person should be self-motivated and able to work independently. This candidate should care deeply about their work, team, and the end user.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as a Database Administrator
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in SQL Server Development
- Strong Leadership skills (accountability, collaboration, ability to work with cross functional teams, etc.)
- MSSQL Experience
- Oracle Experience
- Experience with Data modeling/data design
- Experience with Redgate Toolbelt essentials
- Ideara SQL Diagnostic Manager Experience
- Payment Processing Experience
- Thought leader in Database Architecture and Design Experience
- Maintains several database environments; applies updates, maintenance packs, patches, & fixes for all environments.
- Prepares implementation plans for application upgrades and may coordinate rollout.
- Designs database reporting infrastructure.
- Monitors server performance and makes changes as needed. May design performance monitoring systems.
- Mentors new staff and provides training.
- Works closely with developers, support and QA teams to design and optimize all DB environments.
- Prepares scripts to automate administration tasks.
- Performs advanced database administration activities including; installation, configuration, monitoring, space management, database backup and recovery, and may design disaster recovery procedures.
- Performs installation, configurations, and maintenance for clustered database servers.
- Plans and performs database server upgrades and determines standards for server configuration.
- Performs database reviews and provides input to database design.
- Writes and reviews stored procedures and makes recommendations for optimization.
- May assist less experienced peers.