SENIOR SALES MANAGER
Major Players are proud to be working with one of the most inspirational animation companies in the world! This company are responsible for creating world-class entertainment and the Snr Sales Manager will enjoy the opportunity to come and work at the heart of its Sales and Marketing division.
The Role / Company
Character and/or licensing experience is desirable, although not essential, as you will act as an ambassador for this world famous, four times Academy Award® winning animation studio, licensing the company's series, as well as a boutique number of third party series too, allowing for a quality and diverse catalogue of content to work with. In this role, you will be working with the Director of Distribution and wider sales team to exploit the company catalogue of both new and existing IP, alongside quality third party produced series, across TV and digital platforms.
This 12-month FTC position is a remote / flexible working position with their Bristol office.
- To be a main point of contact for buyers wishing to acquire company and third-party content.
- To lead negotiation of deals in the territories within agreed budget parameters and sales targets and liaise with the legal, finance, technical, exhibitions, marketing, licensing and broadcast departments in the company in the execution of the sales strategy.
- To develop a sales plan for each territory, and lay out 3 year annual forecasts based on agreed assumptions.
- To be responsible for all acquisition-lead linear and DVD sales results within the team, working closely with the Head of Sales to strategize new sales and renewals for these platforms.
- Line manage the Royalties and Revenue Executive, and support them in their day to day role within the department, paying particular focus on their remit in terms of financial reporting and the company IP sales reports.
- To work closely with the Director of Distribution on Pay TV and DVD sales strategy in Germany, as well as DVD licenses in the USA.
- To gather market information and intelligence and to keep the company up to date with developments and trends in the international market place, across all areas such as programming, broadcast platforms, licensing opportunities, live events and promotions.
- To undertake foreign sales trips and attend key markets.
- To work closely with the finance department on communicating forecasts and actual sales with updates scheduled on a regular basis.
- To liaise with the Sales team to create and update quarterly reports for all third party producers and be the point of contact for queries.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 24 months experience of TV distribution
- Excellent negotiation skills and sales techniques
- Previous attendance at major TV markets
- Previous experience of independent sales trips
- Experience of managing sales agent an advantage
- Must present well and be good with clients
- Foreign language an advantage
- Knowledge of the kids TV business
- Good PC skills
- Good understanding of contracts and accounts
- Excellent organisational skills
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative
- Team player
Salary & Perks
- Competitive salary dependent on experience - £45,000 + benefits
- Flexible working policy